DUPLICATE ENROLLMENT AUDIT WEBSITE AND AUDIT PROCEDURES FOR CYCLE 6 - DEADLINE TO RESPOND IS MONDAY, MAY 14, 2012
The Arkansas Department of Education Duplicate Enrollment Audit website is open as of Monday, April 30, 2012, for resolving enrollment issues with district submitted Cycle 6 data. The website is easy to use and speeds response time. It allows districts to review each student listed as simultaneously enrolled in another district, and respond to questions that confirm to the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) that corrections have been entered in the APSCN Student Management System. There have been no changes to the Duplicate Enrollment Website documentation since the last Duplicate Enrollment Audit. However, the instructions are attached to this memo and can also be downloaded from the website.
Again, the data upload for cycle 6 has been completed and the website can now be accessed by the district at http://adedata.arkansas.gov/. The deadline to enter the corrections and respond is Monday, May 14, 2012. Please read the rest of this Commissioner’s Memo before accessing and entering any data on the website.
Anyone in the district with a current Triand ID, password, and district access rights has the ability to login to the website and respond. However, it would be beneficial for the district to designate only one or two persons to enter data on the website. If you are unable to view the district’s data, your access rights may have been changed. If this occurs, call Sarah Cox, Data Quality and Management, at 501.683.5660.
1. Once the district logs onto the website, the district's students simultaneously enrolled in another district will appear in a list. If there are no students simultaneously enrolled in another district, there will be no data to review and the district has no need to enter data or respond to the audit.
2. IF A MORE DETAILED EXPLANATION IS NEEDED – PLEASE MAKE COMMENTS IN THE “OTHER CORRECTIVE ACTION TAKEN COMMENT BOX.
3. If a correction is made to the Duplicate Enrollment Audit website, the same correction must be made in the APSCN StudentPlus (or eSchoolPlus) software. It may also be necessary to resubmit one or more cycle reports in order to correct Average Daily Membership (ADM) numbers. If you need assistance with this, please contact the APSCN Student Help Desk at 800-435-7989.
4. PLEASE MAKE CERTAIN TO ENTER AN EMAIL ADDRESS SO YOU CAN BE CONTACTED IF MORE INFORMATION IS NEEDED.
5. It is no longer required to print the completed forms, get them signed by the superintendent, and fax or email to the ADE. The ADE will export the data from the website, review the information submitted, and contact only those districts whose submitted data does not resolve the conflicting enrollment information. However, the district should print copies of the completed form for their records.
4. The 10-day Rule: Ark. Code Ann. § 6-18-213(f) (1) states that any student absent from daily attendance for more than ten (10) consecutive school days shall be dismissed or dropped from the attendance records of the school, school district, or open enrollment charter school. This is for cases when a student is absent for ten (10) consecutive days and is unaccounted for or cannot be contacted. The student should NOT be dropped if the student is absent due to illness and will be returning to class. If the district later receives notification of the student's enrollment in another district, the withdrawal date should be changed to match (or the day before) the enrollment date in the new district. Otherwise, if a student is absent (and unaccounted for) for ten (10) consecutive days, the withdrawal date should be the eleventh day of absence. HOWEVER, the ten (10) day rule is different for the beginning of a semester. If a student is absent and unaccounted for the first ten days of a semester, the withdrawal date must be the first day of the semester.
5. If the student attended the district during the semester but later transfers to another district, the student drop date should be the day after the last day attended, and cannot be after the date the student enrolls in the new district. The date of withdrawal in the previous district must be equal to or before the date of enrollment in the new district. Withdrawal dates do not count in the calculation of Average Daily Membership (ADM).
6. Per Ark. Code Ann. § 6-80-107, Arkansas schools are required to use the electronic transcript system. The ADE provides this system through TRIAND and it automatically sends an email to the former district indicating the day the student enrolled in a new district. This serves as official notification; and therefore, the withdrawal date in the previous district must be equal to, or before, the enrollment date in the new district.
7. To alleviate the duplicate enrollment issue involving twins, the twin flag within Triand should be set to "True.”
If there are questions, please contact Danita Hyrkas by phone 501.682.5059 - email firstname.lastname@example.org, or Bridget Wilkins at 501.682.4488 - email email@example.com.